Effective Date 06/19/2014
1.Types of Information Collected. We collect two types of information from users of our Site: Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information.
1.Personally Identifiable Information. This is information that identifies you as a specific customer or user of the Site. In order to access certain parts of the Site, you will be required to register as a user. During the registration process you may be asked to provide us with Personally Identifiable Information such as your name, email address and password and your company information if applicable. For services such as online postal mail, we also request and store credit card or other payment account information, address and telephone information and physical copies of your identification papers. For services such as check processing and depositing, we will request and store information relating to your banking account and other sensitive information required to verify your identity, such as Social Security number, drivers license and/or Passport information.
We partner with a third party ad network to manage our advertising on other sites. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you targeted ads, you may opt-out by clicking Here. Please note this does not opt you out of being served advertising. You will continue to receive generic ads.
2.Uses of Information Collected. We use the information collected on the Site for a variety of purposes, including: providing the services and/or customer support you request, resolving disputes and troubleshooting problems, enforcing our agreements, doing research to protect and improve our services, and notifying you via email of surveys, new features, updates and promotional offers. We may also use certain data for administrative and analytical purposes such as Site management. We may also use Personally Identifiable Information to offer you other services, promotions, surveys or other opportunities from PSM or affiliated companies.
3.Sharing of Information Collected. We may share the information that we collect from and about you in a variety of ways, as follows:
1.Partners. We may share Non-Personally Identifiable Information (e.g., via cookies) with partners who choose to list their goods, services or promotions on the Site, or with whom we affiliate in order to provide you with certain services. The affiliated sites may have different privacy practices and we encourage you to read their privacy policies.
2.Third Party Vendors. We employ third party vendors and service providers to assist us in developing, hosting and maintaining our Site and databases, advertising, sending and receiving email and other communications, and analyzing data. These third parties may have access to Personally Identifiable Information as reasonably necessary to perform these services, but they are not allowed to use that information except for the purposes of providing these services for us.
3.Compliance with Law. In connection with legal process, such as a court order, subpoena, official investigation or otherwise as required by law, we may be required to disclose certain Personally Identifiable Information to third parties. We may also report to law enforcement authorities any conduct we believe to be illegal, and may release Personally Identifiable Information to law enforcement authorities if we suspect it is related to unlawful conduct, or if necessary to protect our rights or property or to protect the safety of our employees or others. We may also release Personally Identifiable Information as part of a dispute resolution process.
4.Security. PSM employs a variety of security measures to protect your information, including encryption, passwords, physical security, etc. We restrict access to personal information to PSM employees, contractors, and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations. When you submit sensitive information to us, such as credit card, bank account or log-in information, we protect the transfer of that information through industry standard encryption technology ("SSL"). However, no data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be entirely secure. It is always possible that, despite our best efforts to insure the safety and security of your personal information, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. Therefore, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you submit to us. You will be required to select a secure password when registering, in order to use all the features of the Site. Please be sure to choose your password with care. Use unique numbers, letters, and special characters and do not disclose your password to anyone. PSM is not liable for loss of passwords due to user carelessness. If you believe your password has been compromised, please change it immediately.
If you no longer desire our Services, you may deactivate/delete your account by contacting us directly using the contact information below or the aforementioned email address. We will respond to your request promptly. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter(s), we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. Out of respect for your privacy, yYou may also opt-out of future newsletter or other marketing and survey emails by following the link to the URL provided at the end of each email you receive and following the opt-out procedure specified there or by emailing us at email@example.com. We reserve the right to continue sending you certain emails related specifically to your account or to Site administration and service even after you have exercised your opt-out rights.
1.Links. PSM cannot control and is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of websites that might be linked to our Site, or which show as links on our Site. Please read the privacy statements of each linked site prior to submitting Personally Identifiable Information to that site.
1950 W. Corporate Way
Anaheim, CA 92801
If we receive formal written complaints at this address, it is our policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between PSM and an individual.
10. Information Related to Data Collected through the PostScan Mail Services. In providing our Services, PSM collects and processes 3rd party personally identifiable information under the direction of our Customers. We have no ownership of this information or any direct relationship with individuals whose personally identifiable information may be processed as part of providing our Service.
An individual who seeks access to this data, seeks to correct, amend or delete inaccurate data or wishes to opt-out of communications from a PSM Customer should direct his/her query to the PSM Customer he/she interacts with directly (the data controller). If a PSM Customer requests that we remove personally identifiable information on their behalf, we will respond to their request within 30 days.
PSM may transfer personal information to other companies that help us provide our service. Transfers to subsequent third parties are covered by the provisions in this Policy regarding notice and choice and the service agreements with our Customer.
PSM will retain personal data we process on behalf of our Customers for as long as needed to provide services and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Customers who use the Services offered on our Site in a business context may submit the personal information of other individuals at their organization to register them as authorized users. It is the Customer’s obligation, as the data controller, to inform its authorized users about the purposes for which information about them is collected and may be used on this Service. Authorized users can update or remove their account information at any time by logging into the Site and editing their account information, or by contacting their administrator.
11. When using our website and submitting personal data (PD) to us, you may have certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other laws. Depending on the legal basis for processing your PD, you may have some or all of the following rights:
- The right to be informed You have the right to be informed about the personal data we collect from you, and how we process it.
- The right of access You have the right to get confirmation that your personal data is being processed and have the ability to access your personal data.
- The right to rectification You have the right to have your personal data corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to erasure (right to be forgotten) You have the right to request the removal or deletion of your personal data if there is no compelling reason for us to continue processing it.
- The right to restrict processing You have a right to ‘block’ or restrict the processing of your personal data. When your personal data is restricted, we are permitted to store your data, but not to process it further.
- The right to data portability You have the right to request and get your personal data that you provided to us and use it for your own purposes. We will provide your data to you within 30 days of your request.
- To request your personal data, please contact us using the information at the top of this privacy notice.
The right to object
You have the right to object to us processing your personal data for the following reasons:
- Processing was based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling); Direct marketing (including profiling); and Processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics.
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling. Automated individual decision-making and profiling You will have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.
- Filing a Complaint with Authorities You have the right to file a complaint with supervisory authorities if your information has not been processed in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation. If the supervisory authorities fail to address your complaint properly, you may have the right to a judicial remedy.
Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the site’s or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information. You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to delete or turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. If you disable cookies installation or you delete cookies from your computer’s hard disk you may be unable to use some of the features of our website, products and services.
International Data Transfers and Storage Personal data (PD) that we collect from you may be stored, processed, and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate, specifically the United States. The European Union has not found the United States to have an adequate level of protection of PD under Article 45 of the GDPR. Our company relies on derogations for specific situations as defined in Article 49 of the GDPR. For European Union customers and users, with your consent, your PD may be transferred outside the European Union to the United States. We will use your PD to provide the goods, services, and/or information you request from us to perform a contract with you or to satisfy a legitimate interest of our company in a manner that does not outweigh your freedoms and rights. Wherever we transfer, process or store your PD, we will take reasonable steps to protect it. We will use the information we collect from you in accordance with our privacy notice. By using our website, services, or products, you agree to the transfers of your PD described within this section.