Moving from place to another whether you are moving to a new house, traveling for leisure or for business is an exhilarating experience.
You get to meet different people and explore new ideas that you haven’t thought of before.
Whether you’re leaving your house for good or just traveling for a couple of days, you don’t want to leave behind things to worry about and that includes your postal mail.
Benefits of having a digital mailbox
Seeing a bulging mailbox when you come home after a long trip is irritating. And having to leave new residents letters to forward you any significant items after you move to a new house is simply not practical.
Having a virtual mailing address also guarantees that you won’t see a bulging mailbox, which is great because a bulging mailbox is a tell-tale sign to burglars that you’re not home.
And also you won’t have to fill a change of address form and submit to USPS every time you change where you live.
Digital mail services are exactly what you need if you frequently travel or about to relocate. Whatever your reasons are, it’s always good to have a digital mailbox that makes postal mail follow you everywhere you go.
Almost everyone now is connected to the internet 24/7. With virtual mail services, you can view and manage your postal mail online.
How digital mailbox works?
PostScan Mail provides digital mail services as follow:
- You pick an address.
- They receive your mail on your behalf and scan it.
- Send you notifications of scanned letters (only the cover of the letter).
- You can check these notifications through a web-based account from anywhere in the world
- You can also decide what to do with the letter either shred, forward, or scan contents to read the entire letter online, etc.
Convert Postal Mails to Email in 4 Easy Steps
- Select the plan you want to use. Then Select the address if applicable. Fill out a Postal Consent Form, which allows the facility to receive mail on your behalf.
- You go online to check your email see you have an email that the virtual mail center has your mail click the link to the designated website and sign into your account to see the envelopes of the mail you received.
- Choose which mail you would like to have scanned so you can read it.
- Choose what to do with the rest of your mail. Now, this is fairly simple but there are a variety of options. You can recycle the unimportant mail that can’t have any important information stolen from it. You can shred and recycle any mail that may have sensitive information inside including account numbers, Social Security Numbers, Birthdates, etc. Or you can have your mail forwarded to you or to just about anywhere in the world.
Now just choose piece by piece which mail can be recycled, which mail should be sent directly to you, and finally which mail should be shredded.
You can do this daily, weekly or whenever you have the time to deal with your mail from any device with an internet connection and some virtual mail services have apps to make it even easier.
Having a virtual mail address has many benefits other than checking your postal mail online. It means you will not worry about your postal mail ever again.
Someone else will receive it for you no matter where you are. You can relocate and travel as much as you like without filling out a change of address form or asking your neighbors, friends or family to check it for you.
A digital mailbox is convenient. It makes postal mail easily accessible online.