Almost everything you need from clothing, movies, cookware to electronics is waiting for you online. But if you are not residing in the US, those items might seem out of reach for you not because you don’t have money but because you lack a US billing address. This can be pretty frustrating.
You will need a valid US address to be able to shop at most online stores in the US, such as Amazon, Best Buy, eBay, Apple store, Google stores, etc.
This is a significant setback most international buyers face when trying to shop at online US stores with a non-US billing address. This situation has got foreign buyers thinking about how to get a physical address indicating a US-verified location.
While this may seem like a dead-end, there’s a way out which involves using mail forwarding services.
I Don’t Have a US Address. What Should I do?
Get a Reliable International Mail Forwarding Company
A mail forwarding company provides foreign buyers who shop at local US stores with a valid US address, a virtual mailing address, or a PO box with a street number. This new address allows you to buy products from certain US stores that are usually out of reach for international visitors.
Once you are done placing an order for your desired product, your package will be sent to a US shipping address provided by your mail forwarding company that will, in turn, ship the package to anywhere you are in the world. It’s that easy!
Once a package arrives at a virtual mailbox location or an online PO box location, depending on the choice of your mail forwarding company, their agent will pick it up from there.
Maybe you are wondering, ” will packages be forwarded to my new address?”. The answer is yes. There is no cause for alarm as long as you choose a reliable international mail forwarding company.
More Benefits of Using International Mail Forwarding Service
Using a mail forwarder service makes it easy for you to avail yourself of extremely cheap online purchases during Black Friday, Memorial Day, Labor Day, and many more. This will save you a lot of money since many items are far cheaper for US residents than international buyers.
You can also use your new US address to access sites like Hulu or Netflix. You can now watch movies and shows that usually are reserved for US subscribers.
You don’t know how to choose the best mail forwarding company for you. Don’t worry. We are here to help you.
How to Choose a Reliable International Mail Forwarding Company
- Search online for a reliable USA package forwarding company.
- When you find one, carefully read its terms and conditions.
- Choose a company with many years of experience.
- Take your time to read the reviews and feedback about their international shipping services outside their company site. This will help you confirm its credibility. Google reviews are more authentic and factual.
- Choose a Mail Forwarder With an Online Forum: this will help you gather valuable information about a shipping company from their past, present, and former customers. You will also get to know whether the company provides fast delivery and excellent customer service.
- Get Your USA Billing Address: It will probably take this form: Name, Street Address, Town, ZIP code, State, Variable. For example, your USA address (forwarding address) can look like this: Maria G, 6764 NW 15th PL Sunrise, 44466 Florida – MP5672. You need to include this code “MP5672” in your shipping address when you place an order online. This makes it easy for your mail forwarding company to recognize your package.
- Expect a Notification: Once your purchased item reaches your US-based mailbox location, your mail forwarding company will alert you by email. After you pay, you will also be given a tracking number to check where your package is.
- Expect Shipping of Your Package to Your Home Address: international shipping costs depend on many factors: the delivery location, the speed of delivery as well as the weight and size of the package. If you can wait, sea delivery is usually the cheapest option, particularly for heavy packages.
Can I Change My Address With USPS?
If you are contemplating a change of mail address, USPS will help you forward your mail to your new location. Just go to USPS.com/move to change your address online.
USPS offers the easiest and fastest way to change mail address. You will get a notification email confirming the change in a matter of seconds. However, USPS requires you to pay $1.10 to change your mail address online. You will need a valid debit or credit card with an email address.
The above charge to your credit card is to verify your identity and prevent fraud. This lets them know that you are the one making the change, not scammers. You don’t need to pay $40 or more to a separate organization to do what you can do just for a paltry $1.10.
What To Do When Your USPS Package not Delivered
If your package sent via USPS doesn’t arrive at the expected time, it could be due to several reasons. Sometimes, your package could have been marked as delivered accidentally only to arrive at your doorstep the following day. Just wait for the next 24 hours. In the meantime, you can track your package to know its current location. For package tracking, USPS adds a tracking number to your mail receipt.
If there’s no positive result after 24 hrs, you can take some drastic steps in recovering your USPS missing package. You can start by submitting the USPS help request form. If your package is still missing after one week, you can initiate an absent mail request through the USPS website. If all these options fail, you can file for a refund.
Gone are the days when you had to live in the US to shop and enjoy various online stores. Now you have some options, the best of which are highlighted above. Carefully follow the steps above and have your online purchase from a US store on its way to you in no time!
PostScan Mail’s forwarding service allows you to shop and forward packages from any online store in the United States!
With our convenient and affordable package forwarding service, you’ll be able to manage your packages online and forward them anywhere in the world.
Your package arrives at one of our state-of-the-art mail facilities. The shipping label is then scanned and uploaded to your virtual mailbox for you to view, manage or forward the package.
You Might Also Like: